Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The test doesn't lie...



... that’s what I’m learning anyway. Yes, we are in fact having a BABY!

35 weeks to go!



First of all, we are absolutely thrilled! We are finally going to be a mommy and daddy! Words cannot describe the joy we feel knowing we get to be parents. What an incredible blessing!

We want to create this blog since so many of our family and friends are so far away. We are going to post pregnancy pictures and ultrasounds for everyone to share in our joy and excitement!

So, here is our story...

Last Tuesday I came home from a doctor's visit and had to take a pregnancy test before starting some medicine. The test said negative. I started the medicine. I kept having a nagging feeling though that I shouldn't be taking it, so Friday afternoon rolled around and I came home from work and decided to take another test, just to cover my bases, and assure myself the medicine was okay. About 20 seconds passed before the screen proved that my intuition had been correct...thank God I responded and took the test!

I ran into the bedroom and was trying to decide how to tell Jessy...who wasn't home from work yet. I had bought a little Saint's onesie and some Saint's booties, the first time I was pregnant, because we were going to have a football baby...so I got those out and placed them on the bed (because we are still having a football baby!) with the test and tried to stay as calm as possible until he got home from work. I'll let him blog about how he found out and how he felt...

I went and had my lab drawn yesterday and all my pregnancy hormones are normal this time. Thank the Lord! Knowing that has really helped ease some of my nerves. I now understand what other pregnant woman mean when they say they just want a healthy baby. Now it is just a matter of waiting for our precious little one to grow and come out screaming. What a joyous moment that will be.

I go back next Monday...we will keep this updated with the latest and greatest of everything that involves our little Christmas miracle!


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awwee..so sweet! I'm glad that you've created a baby blog. They're so much fun! I am praying for you, Jessy and your sweet bundle of joy. You just think you've experienced love once you're married to the man of your dreams....THEN you become a mama.. and it's a whole new world! I love ya so much girl, and I'm extremely happy for you and Jessy!!!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you two...What a sweet looking blob! What wonders and miracles our God does, he is awesome. You are in our prayers and thoughts. God knows you need your rest, so just sleep now and be ready for your little bundle of joy. Our love and prayers.
great grandma and grandpa

Post a Comment