Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Slight change in plan...

So, yesterday I went in for more blood work to make sure everything is doing what it's supposed to do. The nurse called me a few hours later and said my HCG hormone looked really good but my progesterone level was dropping. It went from 20.7 to 11.8 in a weeks time. This made my heart sink, as our last pregnancy ended because of really low progesterone and an HCG level that wasn't rising. However, she told me that because my pregnancy hormone (HCG) was doing good, they could help my body with the progesterone.


Jessy and I had to go in so he could learn how to give me a shot every day (Yes! Every day!) until we are through the 10th week...she said this will supplement what my body isn't doing. The progesterone is the hormone that builds up the lining of the uterus (to hold the baby in) until the placenta takes over at 10 weeks. The nurse gave me the shot yesterday and Jessy did his first one today. I was so proud of him! I know it was difficult as he thought he was hurting me but I didn't even feel it. ;)

Anyway, I will take a shot every day if it means our baby is growing and healthy! I feel so blessed and thankful it is something that can be helped. I am so ready to be a mommy!!

We go back for our first ultrasound on Wednesday, May 13th! We can hardly wait! We are hoping to hear the heart beat at this visit!

We'll keep ya posted!!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Yay! I'm so glad that this can be fixed and everything will turn out just fine! :) I am SO happy for yall!! Can't wait to see yall again!

Tina said...

How is this going? Ouch! Jessy better be nice when he does this. lol

Post a Comment